Suitability test of Shrinkin'Sleeves for
- Continuous operating temperature.
- Long duration testing at high temperature
- Cut lengths of Shrinkin'Sleeves to be tested.
- Sleeves under test, shrunk on appropriate mandrel.
Procedure: Cut lengths of sleeves/sleeved mandrels progressively exposed to various temperatures, durations in the oven. The results observations are tabulated after removal of test samples from oven.
Test Specified : Expose test samples to following parameters. a)Continuous operation
Temperature: 100oC x 1000 hrs. Long duration testing at higher temperature : 110oC x 24 hrs.
- The shrinkage should be even from all sides.
- The surface, smooth all over without pit marks / pin holes
- The sleeving should not develop any crack.
- The sleeving retains all its properties after cooling.
- Shrinkin'Sleeves can be used at an elevated temperature of 100oC for 1000 hours.
- Shrinkin'Sleeves have got a capacity to bear a heat shock Upton 110oC for 24 hours.
Sample Description : Cut lengths of "Shrinkin'Sleeves".
- Ignition chamber : Corning / Pyrex glass, dia. 75 mm x 450 length.
- Ignition source : Bunsen burner, placed in a fume cupboard.
- Clamp an appropriate size & length of "Shrinkin'Sleeves" in a holder & fix it into the ignition chamber.
- Light the ignition source under normal Oxygen conditions.
- Bring the test sample in the ignition zone.
- After shrinkage test sample gets ignited in the ignition zone.
- There is no droppage of any melt during ignition.
- Test sample withdrawn out of ignition zone or the ignition source put off, the ignition of test sample ceases immediately.
- The ignited material leaves granular ash.
Inference : "Shrinkin'Sleeves" are self extinguishing with no droppage of any melt during ignition.